Warning!: Plex Home Theater is deprecated and no longer in development. We have focused our efforts on the newer Plex Media Player app instead and recommend moving to that app.
How to Report an Issue
If you believe you have found an issue/bug in Plex Home Theater, please report it as follows:
- Ensure you are running the latest version of Plex Home Theater, either by using the software update functionality within the client, or via checking the download pages
- Search the forum to ensure the issue is not already logged by someone else
- Enable debug logging in Plex Home Theater (see below)
- Restart Plex Home Theater
- Reproduce the problem
- Post a new topic in this forum and either attach the log (do not paste the log contents into the post) or enable network logging (see below) and ensure the post contains your Plex Account name so that your network logs can be identified.
- Be sure to include your PHT version number (e.g. 184.108.40.206) as well as the platform (Win 7 x64, OS X 10.8.4, etc.) you’re using
For assistance attaching the file, please see How do I attach files in the forums?
How to enable Debug Logging
Via Plex Home Theater Interface
In Plex Home Theater, go to Preferences > System > Advanced.
When you scroll to the bottom on the right, there is a check box to Enable debug logging.
Via Settings File
In the rare situations where Plex Home Theater fails to start, you obviously won’t be able to turn on Debug Logging via the app. In this case, it can be set manually by editing a
Find the file at:
%APPDATA%\Plex Home Theater\userdata\guisettings.xml
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Plex Home Theater/userdata/guisettings.xml
Open the file in a text editor and change the setting for
<showloginfo> to “true” in the <debug> block:
How to enable Network Logging
In Plex Home Theater go to Preferences > System > Advanced. When you scroll to the bottom on the right there is a check box to enable Network logging.
Network logging will only remain active for about 20 minutes, so you need to be sure to reproduce your issue within that time frame if you choose to use this method.
Only Plex Employees have access to view the information uploaded with Network Logging.