Tip!: The Camera Upload feature requires an active Plex Pass - for the Ultimate Plex Experience subscription for the account signed in on the Plex Media Server to which you wish to upload.
The Plex Media Server to which you wish to upload must be signed in with a Plex account that has an active Plex Pass subscription.
Tip!: For shared users (regular or Managed User), the server admin must enable the Allow Camera Upload Server Sharing.
If you haven’t already done so, sign into the Android app using your Plex account with an active Plex Pass subscription.
- Open Settings
- Choose Account then Sign In
- Enter your Plex username or email address along with your password
- Hit the Sign In button to finish signing in
To initially set up Camera Upload, first open the Android app settings, then open the Camera Upload subsection.
You can choose into which Library you want your photos added. Tap the Library setting to allow you to either choose an existing Library or create a new one.
You can choose into which Album of the Library you want your photos added. Tap the Album setting to allow you to either choose an existing Album or create a new one.
Enable Camera Upload
Once you’ve chosen the desired Library and Album, you can enable the Camera Upload feature using the toggle switch.
Changing Camera Upload Settings
You can adjust your Camera Upload at any time. To do so, you first need to turn off Camera Upload so that the settings are accessible.
Library or Album
You can then choose a different Library or Album to use. When you do so, you’ll be prompted to choose whether you want to
- Continue the upload from where you left off (existing photos will remain where they are and only new photos will be uploaded to the new selected location) or
- Start Over from the beginning (all photos in your camera roll will be uploaded to the new location, even if the photo has previously been uploaded elsewhere)
Adjust when the app will trigger Camera Upload to upload new content. Available options:
- When charging
- As soon as new photos and videos appear
Use mobile data
Choose whether or not Camera Upload should upload content when you only have a mobile/cellular connection available. When disabled, the app will only upload if connected to WiFi.
Restart Camera Upload
If you wish to start over with Camera Upload you can do so by resetting camera upload data. This will clear the your configuration and reset the your upload progress.