The following information was supplied by a user who had trouble streaming over 3G or 4G when using Virgin Mobile USA on their mobile device.
Basically, Virgin has a couple of Sprint streaming proxies that cause problems. Here’s how to fix it:
- Get your MSL key (call the carrier or get an app that will find it for you) and write it down
- Open the dialer and enter #3282#
- Select the ‘Edit’ option
- Enter your MSL key as the password
- Select ‘Advanced’
- Scroll to the bottom and select ‘RTSP/HTTP Setting’
- Write down the values for RTSP Proxy and HTTP Proxy just in case
- Now delete those values (the ports cannot be deleted, but that’s OK)
- Tap the Back button on your phone until you get back to the dialer to save your settings
After this, I am now able to play my Plex media when not on wifi.