The Plex Web App that comes with your Plex Media Server is a dual-purpose web application: it serves both as a way to manage your Server and content as well as providing a way to access and view or listen to your content. This powerful web app runs in a modern web browser and allows you to manage or access your content from any computer.
Related Page: Server > Using Plex Web App > Opening Plex Web App
The Dashboard gives an overview of all your media, including your web and social based media. The Dashboard shows you:
- All Servers on your network with their Libraries
- On Deck and Recently Added content
- Internet based resources like Shared Servers, Channels, Recommendations, etc.
Manage all aspects of your Libraries from one or more Servers.
Related Page: Server > Libraries
Manage Media Items
Media items like individual shows can be edited or customized to:
- Fix incorrectly matched shows
- Customize an item for posters and other graphic elements, or edit data like plot, actors etc.
- Create Collections to gather similar media together
Related Page: Server > Managing Media Items
Manage Plex Media Server Settings
Plex Web App provides a central point to manage settings for all Plex Media Server on the local network.
Related Page: Server > Server Settings
Plex Web App has an integrated and fully featured Plex Player so that you can watch and listen to your content.
Related Page: Server > Plex Web App Player
Mobile Sync lets you sync media to your mobile devices or supported cloud storage providers. Plex Web App lets you choose a mobile device and the media to sync to it from a browser window anywhere. The media is automatically prepared for that device and sent to it next time you sync it.
Related Pages: Plex Pass > Mobile Sync & Cloud Sync
Plex values you and your media collection's privacy. We will never intentionally:
- Gather identifiable information about your media collection
- Share any of your personal information with third parties not authorized by you
Your Plex Account lets you connect your Server to the Plex Service, but no identifiable information is gathered about your Libraries. This includes the Plex Web App. Even if accessing the App when hosted on Plex Servers, no information about your Libraries are transmitted to Plex, Inc. Communication happens between browser and Server directly, not via the Plex site.
Related Page: Privacy Statement