It is possible to purchase a monthly or yearly Plex Pass subscription from directly within the Plex for Android app itself, if downloaded from the Amazon Appstore. This subscription is billed through Amazon and can be managed from your Amazon account.
Related Page: Purchasing a Plex Pass Subscription Through Google Play
Related Page: About Plex Pass
A monthly or yearly subscription purchased in the app provides all the same features and benefits, but there are some slight differences in how it is managed when compared to a subscription through our website. Continue reading this full article for details.
To purchase a monthly or yearly Plex Pass subscription through the Android app:
- If you haven't yet activated the app at all, you can choose the Activate Plex option under the main app menu. There, you'll see a Subscribe to Plex Pass button.
- Otherwise, you can go to Settings > Account > Subscribe to Plex Pass.
- You'll see a page letting you choose to subscribe to a monthly or yearly Plex Pass subscription.
- You'll see an Amazon window with information about the subscription.
- A purchase window will appear to let you confirm the in-app subscription.
Warning!: Plex Pass subscriptions purchased through the app are billed through Amazon and not us, so we encourage you to test the basic functionality of the app prior to subscribing!
What about Lifetime Subscriptions?
Currently it is only possible to purchase a monthly or yearly Plex Pass subscription from within the Plex for Android app. If you wish to purchase a lifetime Plex Pass subscription, please do so directly from our website.
Related Page: About Plex Pass
How can I manage my Plex Pass subscription through Amazon?
Since the monthly or yearly Plex Pass subscription offered from within the app is billed through Amazon, you will manage your subscription through your Amazon account. This includes updating your payment information, viewing, changing, or cancelling the monthly Amazon Plex Pass subscription.
Related Page: Amazon: Manage Your Subscriptions
How do I switch from being billed through Amazon to start being billed directly through Plex?
In order to switch to being billed directly from plex.tv, you will need to:
- Use your Amazon device, app, or website to stop renewal of your current Plex Pass subscription
- Let your monthly subscription through Amazon run out
- Once it has expired, you can then create a new Plex Pass subscription from the Plex website
Tip!: If you are being billed through Amazon and have any questions regarding billing, please contact Amazon support.
How do I upgrade my Amazon subscription to a yearly or lifetime Plex Pass subscription?
The option to directly upgrade to an annual or lifetime Plex Pass subscription is only available if you purchased a monthly Plex Pass subscription directly from our website.
To switch to a yearly or lifetime subscription, you will need to:
- Change your auto-renewal options in Amazon to cancel renewing
- Let your monthly or yearly subscription through Amazon run out
- Once it has expired, you can then upgrade/sign up for the desired plan from plex.tv