For investigating some issues, we may ask you to share your logs. There are two logs most commonly of interest in these situations:
- Logs from the Apple TV device
- Logs from your Plex Media Server.
Logs from the Apple TV Device
When you need to retrieve logs from your Apple TV device, you can do so by turning on logging, reproducing the issue, then retrieving the logs.
Access App Logs Over Your Network
Reproduce the Issue and Grab Logs
You’ll need to grab your app logs right after reproducing the issue. To do so:
- Reproduce the issue you’re experiencing
- In the app, go to Settings > Enable Log Download and turn ON the setting
- In a web browser on another device/computer, go to
http://[IPofAppleTV]:32500/logging(the exact URL to use will be displayed on the left side of the screen)
- Save the browser page as a text file or copy-paste it into a text file and save
Note: The ability to access the logs over the network will remain active for 20 minutes. So, enable the log access right after reproducing the issue and then grab the logs right away.
Report the Issue
Post a detailed description of the problem in the forums if you haven’t already. Attach the text file with logs to the post. (Do not paste the logs directly in the forum post; instead, attach the file.)
Plex Media Server Logs
Your Plex Media Server keeps a log file that’s often useful: “Plex Media Server.log”. Where exactly the file is stored depends on your operating system.
Related Page: Plex Media Server Logs