As of version 1.23.0 of the Plex Media Server the Plex TV Series agent/scanner will be the default for new TV libraries.
Besides being much faster at scanning and getting metadata, one of the benefits of the new agent is that all agent settings are set at the library level so that different libraries using the same agent can have different agent settings.
Some settings below are common to all tv libraries and others are only available when the TV Series Agent is selected.
Common to all TV libraries
- Visibility: Restrict where content from this library should appear.
- Include in global search
- Exclude in global search
- Enable video preview thumbnails: Generate video preview thumbnails for items in this library when enabled in server settings.
- DELETE PREVIEW THUMBNAILS
- Collections: How to display collections in Library tab.
- Disabled (will not show collections in the “Library” tab, will show the items in them)
- Hide items which are in collections
- Show collections and their items
- Episode Sorting: How to sort episodes for a show
- Oldest First
- Newest First
- Enable Intro Detection: Generate intro detection for items in this library when enabled in server settings.
- Seasons: Choose whether to display seasons
- Hide for single-season series
Specific to the Plex TV Series Agent
- Certification Country: This will influence which content rating system is used. Changing this setting will require refreshing the metadata for the changes to take effect.
- Episode Ordering: How episodes are named on disk. If your naming follows The MovieDB or TheTVDB choose that here.
- Use season titles: Use season titles when available.
- Use original titles: Use the original titles for all items regardless of the library language.
- Prefer artwork based on library language: Use localized posters when available. This is determined by the library language setting.
- Use local assets: When scanning this library, use local posters and artwork if present. (Local subtitles files will be used whether this is enabled or not)
- Prefer local metadata: When scanning this library, prefer embedded tags and local files if present.
- Find Extras: Find trailers and extras automatically (Plex Pass required)
- Only show trailers: Skip extras which aren’t trailers
- Allow red band trailers: Use red band (restricted audiences) trailers when available
- Localized subtitles: Include extras with subtitles in Library language
- Include adult content: Allow matching adult titles and returning adult titles in fix match results
- Ratings Source: Select the rating source for this library. (Review rating, not content rating)
- The TVDB
- The Movie Database