The Plex Web App that comes with your Plex Media Server is a dual-purpose web application: it serves both as a way to manage your server and content as well as providing a way to access and view or listen to your content. This powerful web app runs in a modern web browser and allows you to manage or access your content from any computer.
Related Page: Opening Plex Web App
Plex Web App is available in current versions of the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 11 is also supported, but we recommend instead using one of the above browsers for the best experience.
The dashboard/Home gives an overview of all your media. The dashboard provides access to:
- Settings and libraries for the currently-selected server
- The ability to switch to a different server
- On Deck and Recently Added content from the selected server
- Access to Channels, Watch Later, and Recommendations
Manage all aspects of your Libraries from one or more Plex Media Servers.
Related Page: Libraries
Manage Media Items
Media items like individual shows can be edited or customized to:
- Fix incorrectly matched shows
- Customize an item for posters and other graphic elements, or edit data like plot, actors, etc.
- Create Collections to gather similar media together
Related Page: Managing Media Items
Manage Plex Media Server Settings
Plex Web App provides a central point to manage settings for any Plex Media Server owned by your account.
Related Page: Server Settings
Plex Web App has an integrated and fully featured Plex player so that you can watch and listen to your content.
Related Page: Plex Web App Player