- Using the Plex Web App
- Accessing Plex Remotely
- Preparing Media Libraries
- Upgrading to Plex Pass
- Accessing Plex Forums
If you haven’t played around with the Plex Web App already, now is the time! You can open it from a browser on the server machine or any computer on your local network. Plex Web App lets you interact with all Plex features—not only is it where you manage your server and add media to your libraries, you can also use it to play content. If you have set up remote access (see below), you can access the Plex Web App from other computers and devices wherever you are.
Related Page: Plex Web App
One of the best Plex features is remote access, which allows you to view your media when you’re away from home. To set this up, you need to (this sometimes requires some configuration of your home network). Once it’s set up, you can also share with family who live elsewhere.
Related Page: Remote Access and Server Sharing
If you didn’t create a media library during your initial setup or only created a basic one, now is the time to explore. Media libraries are a cornerstone of your Plex experience, so it helps to get your media folders and files named and organized well before you create a library. This way, Plex can give you the best matching, which means your media looks awesome and is easy to find. If you created a library during your initial setup and aren’t happy with it, you can always delete it, change the files and folders, and then create a new library.
An active Plex Pass gives you access to all Plex apps as well as more advanced features like:
- Live TV & DVR: Connect a tuner and antenna to your server to watch and record over-the-air broadcasts available at your location.
- Parental Controls: Restrict content for those with which you share your server and quickly switch between users in your apps.
- Awesome Audio: Loudness leveling, Sweet Fades, automatic lyrics, and more.
- Mobile Sync: Play media when you’re offline by syncing content to a mobile device.
- Camera Upload: Wirelessly sync photos from phones or tablets.
- Early Access and Preview Releases: See what’s coming soon!
Our friendly Plex Forums have thousands of questions and answers on topics ranging from Roku and transcoding to Ubuntu and subtitles. This is a great place to get help from the Plex community. Much of our team also hangs out there along with a range of customers, from power users to newbies.
Related Page: Plex Community Forums