How to Report an Issue
If you believe you have found an issue in Plex Media Server, please report it as follows:
- Ensure you are running the latest version of Plex Media Server by checking the download pages
- Search the forum to ensure the issue is not already logged by someone else
- Enable debug logging in Plex Media Server (DO NOT enable “Verbose” logging unless requested; see below)
- Restart Plex Media Server
- Reproduce the problem after restarting
- Download a zip file of your server logs using the Download Logs button under Settings > Server > Help in Plex Web App
- Post a new topic in our forum with specific details about the issue being experienced and attach the zip of your server logs (please do not paste long log content directly into the post)
- Be sure to include your Plex Media Server version number (e.g. 188.8.131.5200) as well as the platform (Win 10 x64, OS X 10.11.6, etc.) you’re using
For assistance attaching the file, please see How do I attach files in the forums?.
Tip!: It’s easy to get a zip file of your server logs using the Download Logs button under Settings > Server > Help in Plex Web App.
How to Enable Debug Logging
In order to enable Debug Logging for your Plex Media Server, first open your Plex Web App.
Click the Settings button and then select Server on the right. If more than one Server is present on the network, select the Server in which you’re interested by using the dropdown on the left.
Choose General on the left and then the Show Advanced button on the right.
Check theEnable Plex Media Server debug logging option.
Warning!: Please DO NOT turn on the verbose logging option unless specifically instructed to do so. That level of logging is rarely desired.