Tip!: The Media Optimizer feature requires Plex Media Server version 0.9.14.3 or newer.
First, you need to be running Plex Media Server version 0.9.14.0 or newer.
- In the web app, select the items you want optimized and choose the Optimize option. (For example, the 4 most recently added TV shows.)
- Choose your settings for the optimization, then hit submit. (Here, we choose to limit it to 4 items and also select the type of optimization we want – optimized for TV, in this case.)
- After you submit, you can follow the link and monitor the progress of the conversion. You can also go to Activity > Conversions to see it.
- You can manage your optimizations under Settings > Server > Optimized Versions.
- Selecting one will open details for it.
- When you play something, the appropriate version will automatically be selected or you can manually choose it in many apps. For instance, in Plex Web app, it’s accessible from the … option on the preplay screen.