As of version 1.20 of the Plex Media Server there is a new version of the Plex Movie agent/scanner that will be the default for new movie libraries. The older version of the Plex Movie agent is now called “Plex Movie (Legacy)”
Besides being a much faster at scanning and getting metadata, one of the benefits of the new agent is that all agent settings are set at the library level, so that different libraries using the same agent can have different agent settings.
Some settings below are common to all movie libraries and others are only available when the Plex Movie Agent is selected.
Related Page: Creating Libraries
Common to all movie libraries
- Visibility: Restrict where content from this library should appear.
- Include in home screen and global search
- Exclude from home screen
- Exclude from home screen and global search
- Enable Cinema Trailers: Allow Cinema Trailers to play before items in this library.
- Enable video preview thumbnails: Generate video preview thumbnails for items in this library when enabled in server settings.
- DELETE PREVIEW THUMBNAILS
- Collections: How to display collections in Library tab.
- Disabled (will not show collections in the “Library” tab, will show the items in them)
- Hide items which are in collections
- Show collections and their items
Specific to the new Plex Movie Agent
- Certification Country: This will influence which content rating system is used. Changing this setting will require refreshing the metadata for the changes to take effect.
- Localized titles: Use localized titles when available. This is determined by the library language setting.
- Prefer artwork based on library language: Use localized posters when available. This is determined by the library language setting.
- Use local assets: When scanning this library, use local posters and artwork if present. (Local subtitles files will be used whether this is enabled or not)
- Prefer local metadata: When scanning this library, prefer embedded tags and local files if present.
- Find extras: Find trailers and extras automatically (Plex Pass required)
- Only show trailers: Skip extras which aren’t trailers
- Allow red band trailers: Use red band (restricted audiences) trailers when available
- Localized subtitles: Include extras with subtitles in Library language
- Include adult content: Allow matching adult titles and returning adult titles in fix match results
- Minimum automatic collection size: Automatically create collections when there are more than the selected number of items for an available collection. Changing this value will have no affect on any existing collections. “Disabled” means there is no minimum
- Disabled, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ratings Source: Select the rating source for this library. (Review rating, not content rating)
- Rotten Tomatoes
- The Movie Database