Live TV on Plex brings an exciting collection of free live TV channels you can watch—anywhere in the world, at any time. And best of all, it doesn’t require any tuner hardware or antenna! Great ad-supported content across a large variety of genres is only a click or tap away. Personalize the channel guide so you see only what you’re interested in and enjoy channel surfing bliss!
The following Plex player apps can access Live TV on Plex content:
- Amazon Fire TV (v8.3.1 or newer)
- Android mobile (v8.3.1 or newer)
- Android TV (v8.3.1 or newer)
- Apple TV (v7.3.1 or newer)
- iOS (v7.3.1 or newer)
- macOS (desktop) (v1.16.0 or newer)
- Plex Web App (v4.38.2 or newer)
- Roku (v6.6.5 or newer)
- Windows (desktop) (v1.16.0 or newer)
We’ll continue working to bring support to our other apps, too.
By default, the Live TV (on Plex) source will appear in your app sidebar/navbar. Simply select that source to access the free, streaming content from Plex.
Personalizing Your Channel Lineup
You can personalize your channel guide by changing the order or channels, hide channels in which you’re not interested, and opt to show the last 3 viewed channels at the top of the guide.
The exact way to personalize the guide can vary a little depending on the particular platform, but the general approach is similar. You’ll typically initiate it under the … menu either from the sidebar item or at the top of the guide.
For instance, to personalize your channel guide in Plex Web App, select the … icon next to Live TV on Plex and then select Personalize. On TV and mobile platforms, select the similar menu in the upper right corner of the guide and then select Manage Channels.
Channels can be reordered by dragging (web, mobile) or selecting the move indicator (TV platforms). You can also choose whether a particular channel is visible or hidden (the “eye” indicator).
You can control whether the Live TV (on Plex) source is available for your account at all. Parents or administrators of a Plex Home can also control whether it’s available for managed users they’ve created.
- Open the web app when signed in to your Plex account
- Under the user menu on the top right, choose Account
- Select Online Media Sources under the account settings
- Edit the desired online source
You can choose from the available options:
- Enabled – The administrator account as well as all managed users and accounts with preset profiles can access the content
- Disabled – Neither the administrator account nor any managed users or accounts with preset profiles can access the content
- Disabled for Managed Users – The administrator can access the content, but no managed users or accounts with preset profiles can access it