For investigating some issues, we may ask you to share your logs. There are two logs most commonly of interest in these situations:
- Logs from the Plex HTPC app itself
- Logs from your Plex Media Server.
Logs from Plex HTPC
When you encounter an issue when using the Plex HTPC app, it can be useful to gather logs of the issue.
Reproduce the Issue and Grab Logs
To help provide the best information to investigate an issue, you’ll want to:
- Quit and then restart your Plex HTPC app (which helps get fresh logs)
- Reproduce the issue you’re experiencing
- Grab the app logs from the location below
Report the Issue
Post a detailed description of the problem in the forums if you haven’t already. Attach the logs you gathered to the post. (Do not paste the logs directly in the forum post; instead, attach the file.)
Plex Media Server Logs
Your Plex Media Server keeps a log file that’s often useful: “Plex Media Server.log”. Where exactly the file is stored depends on your operating system.
Related Page: Plex Media Server Logs