Plex Companion Support
"Plex Companion" is the name of the remote control protocol that Plex uses to let you control one Plex app from another. It allows you to start or control playback from one app to another, "fling" content between apps, and more.
First, ensure that you're running the latest version of your Plex App. Also, make sure you're running the latest version of the Plex Media Server. You can find current versions on the Downloads page:
Related Page: Plex Downloads Page
If a Plex App is not appearing as an available choice for you, there are things you can check:
- Verify the controller and receiver Apps are both on your local network with your Plex Media Server.
- Ensure that the Plex App has remote control support enabled. Most Plex Apps have a setting for this in their Preferences/Settings.
- Ensure that you're signed in to your Plex Account in the App.
- Try (force-)quitting the Plex App and restarting it.
- Try restarting the Plex Media Server.
You can check the following XML page in a web browser:
Generally, if your Plex App doesn't appear in the XML there, then it won't be available to use for Plex Companion control. If you still have trouble, visit our support forums.
Related Page: Plex Support Forums