The Plex for iOS app can be downloaded free from Apple's App Store. While many features of the app are available to use for free and users can test out all of the features, the app must be activated in order to unlock full playback functionality.
The following functionality is available without unlocking the Plex for iOS app:
- Unlimited casting/flinging of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your device to other Plex apps that support Plex Companion
- Unlimited casting/flinging of any media on your Plex Media Server to other Plex apps that support Plex Companion
- Remote control other Plex apps that support Plex Companion
- Browse libraries from your own or shared Plex Media Servers
- LIMITATIONS: When playing or viewing media from your Plex Media Server on the device:
- Video is limited to one minute of playback
- Music is limited to one minute of playback
- Photos will have a watermark added
There are many ways to unlock full functionality for the app.
Unlocking the app will remove all limitations to video and music playback and viewing of photos and will allow full access to the app.
Note: Unlocking the app does not automatically provide you access to Plex Pass features such as Mobile Sync or Camera Upload. You will need a Plex Pass subscription in order to make use of those features.
Related Page: Plex Apps > Plex for iOS > Unlocking or Activating Plex for iOS
Related Page: Plex Pass