The Apple TV allows apps to highlight content in the Top Shelf area if enabled.
Enabling the Top Shelf
Allowing Plex content to appear in the Top Shelf is easy:
- Navigate to Settings in the app
- Enable the Top Shelf preference
Requirements (or “Why doesn’t content show up?”)
In order for content to appear, there are a few requirements:
- The setting must be enabled (see above)
- The Plex app must be in the first row of apps on your home screen
- If you are a member of a Plex Home, then either:
- You must have the Automatically Sign In preference enabled OR
- You must not have a PIN set for your Home member
- Your router must not have DNS Rebind Protection enabled
Tip!: Our How to Use Secure Server Connections guide has information related to DNS Rebind Protection.