Plex has allowed you to create a music library to allow access to all your music content for years. For most of that time, though, it was a pretty basic experience. Sure, the basics were there to let you browse your artists and albums, sort by genre, and other simple things like that. Now, though, Plex lets you take your music library up to eleven!
Beyond simply letting you browse and play your music, Plex brings a lot of great features to let you make the most of your collection.
- Popular Tracks for artists
- Similar Artists
- Upcoming tour dates
- Music Videos
- Multi-disc albums support
- Robust editing for artists, albums, and tracks
- Listen to your music in different Plex apps
- Access your music content when away from home
- Share your music library with family or close friends
Users with a Plex Pass subscription can take advantage of premium features to elevate your experience even higher!
- Better artwork and artist bios: Get the best metadata possible, because your music collection deserves it.
- Automatic Lyrics: Automatically have lyrics (from LyricFind) added to your library that you can view whenever you want (even timed lyrics, so you can follow along!).
- Loudness Leveling: Normalizes audio levels between tracks and albums.
- Sweet Fades: Sweet fades compute the optimal crossover point between every single pair of tracks and use that to deliver an ear-delighting mix.
- Visualizers: Turn on one of multiple visualizers available in supported apps to re-live your old WinAmp days.
Related Page: Plex Pass
Create a Music Library
Create a music library in Plex, point it at your music content, and then you’re off to enjoy all these awesome features. Plex Pass subscribers will automatically have access to the premium features listed earlier, when signed in to player apps and the Plex Media Server with their Plex account.