With free movies, documentaries, and TV content, as well as top movies available to rent, Plex can help make your mediaverse bigger than ever. All Plex users are able to access free, ad-supported content to stream whenever they like. Users in the United States can find new and popular movies available to rent. Parents can also create accounts for their children and set profiles to control what sort of content is accessible.
The following Plex player apps can access our Video on Demand content:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Linux (desktop)
- macOS (desktop)
- Plex Web App
- Smart TV supported models
- Windows (desktop)
Information about app support for movie rentals can be found in our “Renting Movies on Plex” article.
By default, the Movies & Shows (on Plex) source will appear in your app sidebar/navbar. Simply select that source to access the on-demand content available from Plex.
There, you’ll find numerous recommendation rows for different types of content. Explore around and see what cool stuff you find!
You can, of course, also customize the sidebar/navbar to reorder the items or unpin one, just like normal.
You can control whether the Movies & Shows (on Plex) source is available for your account at all. Parents or administrators of a Plex Home can also control whether it’s available for managed users they’ve created.
- Open the web app when signed in to your Plex account
- Under the user menu on the top right, choose Account
- Select Online Media Sources under the account settings
- Edit the desired online source
You can choose from the available options:
- Enabled – The administrator account as well as all managed users and accounts with preset profiles can access the content
- Disabled – Neither the administrator account nor any managed users or accounts with preset profiles can access the content
- Disabled for Managed Users – The administrator can access the content, but no managed users or accounts with preset profiles can access it